Friday, May 19, 2006

Living without expectations

So tough.. Cant imagine even.. I'm so used to expect things always that now I don know how to change myself.. When I sit and think about it I feel this is not right. I feel too selfish sometimes that I'm really scared others might get irritated with me. Though not experienced yet, but so called root cause analysis will lead me to the point where I must change this attitude. Am I missing half of my happiness because of this? Trying to figure out.

It feels really wonderful when something good happens unexpectedly but equally bad when something bad happens.. But being an optimist let me consider the positive side of it.

I have so many friends who are really good to me and I believe they are not expecting anything from me. Then why me? Will it not be pessimism to not expect anything? "take life as it comes".. Is it relay possible to adopt this principle in life?

I'm waiting for teju to have a discussion on it. Sandeep and body also can give some good suggestions I hope (again expectations :-) and kee?? No she cant be there since there has be v.dka when me and teju are discussing!!

So many questions I have and trying to find someone who atleast can help me in finding answers to some. kee is a very good advisor I consider but she cant understand the masculine side of it.:-) and my roommates.. Well haven't tried yet. But they sure will divert the whole discussion into opposite direction!! Masters of distractions I can say..

Ok the first opinion I got about it was, missing concluding remarks.. So I am concluding it with something like...

Karmanye Vaadhikaa rastey, maa phaleshu kadaachana!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandeepa ಹೇಳಿದ್ದು..

A very interesting topic to start blogging with.

"Living Without expectations"....

It's difficult, often very difficult and sometimes seems impossible.
But still there is something called a life (are you sure you still want to call it a life?)
without expectations. And there are people wanting to live such a life.

Nobody can live without any expectation. Though there are some that are living only
because it's illegal to kill themselves! ;)
There are many people with very little expectations. Any many more who think they
expect little from life.

As they say,
"Happiness is a function of expectation and as well as realization."
I don't know how can one be happy if there is no expectation. One can certainly achieve a
state of "no sadness". But not happiness. Not unless you define happiness as 'absence of
sadness'.
Well… Absence of sadness may be a necessary condition for happiness. But definitely it’s not a sufficient condition.

Because, Life is not binary. I mean it's not always like; you are either happy or sad. There are many states between and beyond them.

Realization deals with how react you react when something expected does not happen. Or
When something unexpected happens.

I feel it difficult to talk about happiness in general because the definition of happiness varies from person to person. Sometimes I even feel that happiness is just an illusion.

I suggest you to read Mankuthimmana Kagga. It will not solve all of your problems but I
believe it helps you to find a solution to most of problems.

Karmanye Vaadhikaa rastey, maa phaleshu kadaachana!!

D.V.G has written a lot about the essence of this particular line. It again depends on how one defines the relationship between karma and phala.

ಗರಡಿ ಸಾಮಿಂದೆ ನೀನೆದುರಾಳ ಗೆಲದೊಡೇಂ ? |
ಬರದಿಹುದೆ ನಿನಗನಿತು ಕಾಯಾಂಗಪಟುತೆ ? ||
ವರ ಸದ್ಯಕಿಲ್ಲದೊಡೆ ಬರಿದಾಗುವುದೆ ಪೂಜೆ ? |
ಪರಿಶುದ್ಢ ಮನವೆ ವರ - ಮಂಕುತಿಂಮ್ಮ ||


ಆಹಾ... ಅಭುತ!!!

ಜಟ್ಟಿ ಕಾಳಗದೊಳು ಗೆಲ್ಲೊದೊಡೇನಂತೆ ? |
ಮುಟ್ಟಿನೋಡವನ ಮೈಕಟ್ಟು ||
ಮುಟ್ಟಿನೋಡವನ ಮೈಕಟ್ಟು, ಕಬ್ಬಿಣದ ಗಟ್ಟಿ |
ಗಟ್ಟಿತನ ಗರಡಿ ಫಲ - ಮಂಕುತಿಂಮ್ಮ ||

May 28, 2006 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home