Monday, June 26, 2006

The art of Selling!!

I was (and am) always fascinated by the concept called Advertises. So creative they are sometimes. The concept of advertising I feel is all about selling the idea rather than selling the product or brand.

I don wanna go into the details of the Ad world but just wanna mention some of the Ads I really liked very much.

The First ad comes to my mind is a BRIDGESTONE ad featuring a DOG. You read the tag line in the end and the meaning will be clear to you. It goes like BRIDGESTONE – Designed to save lives. Too good video and very apt tagline.

Among Indian ads I really like FEVICOL series. All the ads have a comic touch and have the ability to make the brand recalled. So are the Pepsi Ads. The fight between Pepsi and Coca cola are always nice to watch.

I should mention here about the ads of HUTCH and AIRTEL. HUTCH ads are so beautiful and meaningful that I have become big fan. (Though I am having horrible experience with my HUTCH connection!!). They have a very small funny side and that makes them THE best to watch. I have the collection of almost all HUTCH ads. Worth collecting. And then AIRTEL ads. Though they are generally serious ads, they just are amazing. Remember the black and white ad of “Express yourself”?? And the one tat is being aired currently is also equally good.

At the same time I’m still trying to understand logic behind some of the ads like why women appear in men’s shaving cream ad or why shah rukh in LUX ad? Imagine amitabh selling BAIDYANATH CHAVANPRASH after coming out of hospital!!!

It will be incomplete if I don mention about beer ads. Though not so popular in India, the beer ads of the west are simply amazing. The BUDWISER or BRAHMA or HEINEKEIN ads. You watch them and can do nothing but to appreciate! (Not just the product!!).

I’d like to conclude this with the most memorable ads I’ve come across in my life. They are 2 radio ads. One is FINOLEX pipes jingle and another is TWINBIRD innerwear jingle. They were once upon a time aired in radio and I’ll be nostalgic if I hear them now J. Those were the days of late 80s and early 90s when I was going to school early in the morning. Everyday I used to listen to those jingles while getting ready to go to school. Sweet memories!

And the lines of those 2 jingles go like this. If u’ve heard then even u can go to ur past for sometime. If not just enjoy the lyrics.


ಹಾರುತ್ತಿರುವ ಎರಡು ಪಕ್ಷಿ, ಹೆಸರು ಪಡೆದ ಬನಿಯನ್ ಚಡ್ಡಿ,

ಟ್ವಿನ್ ಬರ್ಡ್, ಟ್ವಿನ್ ಬರ್ಡ್ ಬನಿಯನ್ ಚಡ್ಡಿ ಟ್ವಿನ್ ಬರ್ಡ್!!

ನನ್ನ ನಲ್ಲನ ಹೊಲದಲ್ಲೀSS, ಥಳಥಳ ಹರಿದಿದೇ ನೀರು,

ಫಿನೊಲೆಕ್ಸ್ ಪೈಪಿನ ಮಹಾತ್ಮೆ, ನೋಡು ನಲ್ಲೆ ಇದು!

Chao..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home