Friday, August 11, 2006

All work no fun

There's a saying - all work no fun makes johny dull - i'm feeling it now. Not that i have too much work in office. i have more work, but some good work which i don mind doing. But what i meant was the monotonous life. So mechanical it is. get up at 7. Take bath and go to office. come back in the evening, have dinner sleep. Repeat the above said step for 5 (sometimes 6) days a week and that has become my typical routine nowadays.

Where's fun? how should i get motivated?

Thinking philosphically i should feel happy for what i am doing. Is it so? does this principle applies to today's generation also? Can i(Perhaps the better word would be SHOULD I) be happy with whatever i have now? I cant. i just cant lead my life with 2 or 3 shirts per year, like my elder generations were doing. They never felt it necessary to have winter wear or summer wear. They would never buy an extra pair of slippers unless the existing one is unusable. But i cant be like them. The whole requirement has changed now. So i cant find the solution by thinking philosophically.

Let me try some other method. The next thing comes to my mind is to utilize my weekends to get myself motivated. But how? i do visit places often, go trekking and all. But they're not helping me either. however its fun and i just love to visit places but this is not solving my problem. Same monotonous life.

Next method would be making my work place more enjoyable. Ya i have some good friends in my company, play TT, chat with them, listen to music and all... fine. but agin back to square one!!

And now one other method i think and which i haven't tried - and will not be trying also - is to have a girl friend :D. I'm thinking will it help me in anyway? those who've tried should answer this.

But gotta come out of this problem. urgently. not getting how. If anyone else has a solution please let me know. I'm ready to adopt it.

chao

5 Comments:

Blogger Ganesha Lingadahalli ಹೇಳಿದ್ದು..

everything is only because of ಚಾತುರ್ಮಾಸ್ಯ...

August 11, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Madhuri ಹೇಳಿದ್ದು..

having a girl friend doesnt make ur situation any better.. having lots of girl friends does make u feel better.. seriously!!
i suggest keep changing girls in ur life.. it wont be monotonous any more..
btw ur blog is good.. keep it going!!

August 11, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger ಶ್ರೀಹರ್ಷ ನಡಹಳ್ಳಿ ಹೇಳಿದ್ದು..

Hi madhuri,
thanks for the suggestion, but i'm sorry to say that i will not be able to accept your suggestion. :) i don know whether it will help or not but i don want to try this method. So if u have any other idea please share it.

August 12, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Vishwanatha Krishnamurthy Melinmane ಹೇಳಿದ್ದು..

Harsha,

I think it's not something to come out of monotonous life, but you (most of us) are in search of some thing which is not known and to get to know what we are in search of is a tedious task.

Anyway blog is good.Keep the same spirit.

September 20, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Vishwanatha Krishnamurthy Melinmane ಹೇಳಿದ್ದು..

Harsha,
adding to the above para...

Every individual has got a tendency to think and would like to do the work or react in a way different from others, whatever work for that matter, from spending holidays to day dreaming !

some people think I don't want to become so and so, so and so, whom exactly we would like to become is the point of concern and is a big question in most of our minds.
I think the ignorance towards our goals is the main cause for feeling lonely / monotonous life.

I wrote as much as I could think of,

--
Vishwa

September 20, 2006 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home